The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Watch for Dutchess and Ulster counties and the Mid-Hudson region.
They say there is the probability of damaging winds of around 60mph along with large hail, and the possibility of a tornado. The main threat window for severe weather continues until 8pm today
Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corp is preparing equipment and crews for possible storm-related outages. They are recommending that customers charge electronic devices in advance, and keep handy a flashlight and battery operated radio in case the electric goes out. Here is the full list of recommendations from Central Hudson:
- Pay attention to weather advisories, storm outage updates and/or shelter information.
- Charge electronic devices in order to connect with Central Hudson’s outage map and storm information center, https://StormCentral.CenHud.com.
- Keep handy a flashlight and fresh batteries.
- Have a battery-powered radio to remain informed of restoration efforts.
- Confirm adequate packaged or canned foods that require no refrigeration or cooking.
- Have a non-electric can opener.
- Keep an emergency supply of bottled water on hand for drinking and washing.
- Fill bathtubs with water as added reserves.
Photo: Mark Wilson-Getty Images