(Poughkeepsie, NY)--Central Hudson is warning of possible power outages today as thunderstorms are in the forecast.
Central Hudson President Charles Freni says the company is getting equipment and crews ready for deployment in the event of power interruptions, and he is recommending that customers should also take precautions, including:
- Pay attention to weather advisories, storm outage updates and/or shelter information;
- Charge electronic devices in order to connect with https://StormCentral.CenHud.com;
- Keep handy a flashlight and fresh batteries;
- Have a battery-powered radio to remain informed of restoration efforts;
- Confirm adequate packaged or canned foods that require no refrigeration or cooking;
- Avoid opening a refrigerator unnecessarily during outages, so that food lasts longer;
- Have a non-electric can opener;
- Keep an emergency supply of bottled water on hand for drinking and washing; and
- Fill bathtubs with water as added reserves.
Early this morning about 1,300 Central Hudson customers were knocked off the grid when severe storms swept through the area.Power was restored in just a few hours.